The five members of the Alpha Squad S.W.A.T. team serve as minor characters in Nightmare House 2. They are assigned a mission to Never Lose Hope Hospital to terminate Dr. Romero due to his experiments causing the genocide of the hospital's staff and patients. They assist the Patient in his endeavor, fighting alongside him against the zombie infestation. However, they are systematically killed by Dr. Romero's hallucinations before they are able to reach him or escape the facility.
- Alpha 1 - The leader and commander of the S.W.A.T. team. He utilizes a Spas-12 Shotgun as his primary weapon. There is no notable personality traits he possesses outwardly. In his sound files, however, he has a habit of making Chuck Norris jokes. (Though that was replaced with a conversation between him and his teammates about Jake from Underhell in the current version) He is mortally wounded in escaping the insertion helicopter's explosion as it crashes into the heliport. In his dying words, he reveals Dr. Romero's true nature and his objective to the Patient before giving instructions to kill him. He is the last S.W.A.T. member to die. He is the only member of the team who's name isn't revealed.
- Leeroy Graves - Named after the "Leeroy Jenkins" meme, and Randall Graves from the "Clerks" movies. Subordinate of the S.W.A.T. He wields an SMG as his primary weapon. Out of the group, he expresses the most personality and acts as the team's comic relief. He holds a rather sarcastic and distrustful nature towards the Patient due to his nature as a former patient. However, in the times necessary, he is not hesitant in aiding the Patient due to their mutual goals. Near the evacuation point, he is pulled underneath a garage bay door and violently ripped apart by an unseen enemy. He is the third S.W.A.T. member to die.
- Mike - Subordinate of the S.W.A.T. team. He wields a SMG as his primary weapon. Although he is relatively quiet other than witty banter during combat, his sound files note that he occasionally breaks the fourth wall. Eventually, the Core's power overwhelms his mind, driving him into hysteria. In his crazed panic, he is confronted by Leeroy and the Patient holding his commander at gunpoint and killed by the Patient before he is able to kill the commander. He is the second S.W.A.T. member to die.
- Johnson - Subordinate of the S.W.A.T. team. He wields an SMG for combat. He has only one line of dialouge, indicating that he saw something in the dark. Prior to an ambush by Creepers, he mysteriously disappears when the lights flicker off. A vent bursts open, and Johnson's SMG is tossed out for the Patient to grab. Later on, in an effort to re-unite with the S.W.A.T. team again, he encounters an unarmed Johnson on the other side of a window. With hand gestures, he directs the Patient to a lever that deactivates the lock on the door separating them, giving the Patient a thumbs-up as he does so. When the Patient gets to Johnson's side, there is only a mannequin standing where Johnson had been. Farther on, however, the Patient discovers the real Johnson dying with Emily kneeling over him. She disappears after the Patient comes too close. Johnson is the first S.W.A.T. member to die.
- Chopper - Pilot of the helicopter that inserts the S.W.A.T. team into Never Lose Hope Hospital. He keeps in radio contact with the commander presumably at all times. When summoned to extract the Commander and the Patient from Never Lose Hope Hospital, Dr. Romero uses the increased range of the Core in order to disorient the pilot and crash the helicopter into the helipad. He is the fourth S.W.A.T. member to die.
- The scene involving Johnson pointing the Patient to the door controls could possibly be a reference to a scene in Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason. A man trapped in an elevator shaft bangs on the glass of the control booth and points to the controls just below him.
- In Underhell, the Alpha Leader was an old friend of Frank Greene, as said by the latter. The team also make an appearance in Jake's SWAT training. (sans Johnson and Chopper)
- In the 2015 update, The team would mention Frank and Jake in the beginning of Chapter 6.
- One can see that by noclipping inside one of the members' masks, a pair of green eyes can be seen. They do not, however, blink. They serve as additional texture files, similar to Emily's bra.
- The models from Alpha Squad is taken from Counter-Strike Source, resembling SAS,but with SWAT textures.
- As of 2015 update, the Alpha Team uses a new model which is possibly a modified Rebel Citizen attire with a rigged Gas mask/Kevlar helmet. And instead of MP5, they are issued with UMP45 instead.
Alpha Squad has a Photo Gallery.